Frittata with Crispy Potatoes and Sautéed Pepper and Onions
This beautiful and simple Frittata has all the savory flavors you expect in your morning breakfast. The eggs are seasoned with Pink Himalayan Sea salt, parsley and scallions, made fluffy with the addition of milk. Sauteed onion and peppers, and crispy potatoes flavored with slightly spicy paprika round out the dish. Even better, it reheats beautifully. Prepare the frittata at the beginning of the week and you can have breakfast already prepared for the next several mornings. This flavorful frittata would also be a fantastic breakfast for dinner option.
Frittata with Crispy Potatoes and Sauteed Peppers and Onions
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley or finely minced fresh parsley
- Freshly ground pepper and Pink Himalayan Sea salt (or regular salt)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 small yellow potatoes or 3 Yukon Gold potatoes, boiled until tender and cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, scallions, parsley, and ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over med-high heat in a large oven-safe skillet (I also like to use a paella pan). Add the onion and pepper and cook until softened, 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the pan. Add the potatoes in a single layer and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon of salt and pepper as well as the paprika. Cook without stirring for 3-4 minutes, until potatoes have browned on the bottom. Using a flat spatula or sharp-edged spoon, stir the potatoes to give them a chance to brown on the other side. Cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cooked onion and peppers evenly over the potatoes. Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes. Transfer pan to the oven and cook for about 18 minutes, until eggs have fully cooked and frittata is slightly browned on top.
Leave a Reply