Sweet Potato, Avocado, and Feta Salad with Lime-Honey Vinaigrette
This salad is a complete meal in a bowl. It is filled with sauteed onions and peppers which become soft and lightly charred, roasted sweet potatoes, creamy avocado, salty feta, and a zesty lime vinaigrette. Nonetheless, you could easily serve this salad alongside grilled chicken or steak, if you like. This recipe is also endlessly adaptable. It is entirely vegetarian, and could easily be vegan with the exclusion of honey and feta. It has definitely become a staple in our house. We almost always have sweet potatoes and avocadoes on hand and I have become addicted to the sweet, slightly spicy lime vinaigrette.
Sweet Potato, Avocado, and Feta Salad with Lime-honey Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into strips/fries
- Salt and pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 5 oz. container spring mix
- 3 avocados, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
Ingredients for Vinaigrette:
- Zest of 1 lime
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons finely minced Italian parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a large sheet pan, toss sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil and ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Roast for 30-40 minutes until tender and browned, flipping potatoes once so they brown evenly.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan over med-high heat. Add red pepper and onion and sauté until tender and browned, about 20 minutes.
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together the lime zest and juice, honey, chili powder, parsley, and ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Slowly stream in the olive oil while whisking.
- Wash and tear romaine lettuce and place in a large salad bowl along with the container of spring mix. Top with roasted sweet potatoes, sauteed peppers and onions, avocados, and feta cheese. Top with half of the vinaigrette reserving the other half to be served alongside the salad. Enjoy!